Monday, March 21, 2016

Moose at the Door



I looked out my window,
And what did I see?
I saw a young moose
Walking out past a tree.

Majestic he looked,
As he stood there to pose
Before heading out back
As he followed his nose.

Just where is he going?
I wondered out loud,
As he gave me a look that said,
“I don’t like a crowd.”

I moved through the house
From the front to the back
And caught sight of the moose,
I would cut him no slack.

I took hold of my camera
And held it steady in hand
I captured the image
Of the moose on my land.

But how is it mine,
This land as I think?
Oh sure I’ve made payments
But is that ownership’s link?

The moose has as much claim
To the land that he treads
As I with my mortgage
And my bare flower beds.

The land is the Lord’s
Who made earth, wind, and sky
And fishies and moosies
And all poor mortals who die.

So I was delighted
When this moose came to the door
To visit our hovel
On his wilderness tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment