Tuesday, March 22, 2016

A PARABLE

I don't normally talk politics, but am increasingly peeved at GOP obstructionism. Eight years of Bologna Stuffing, if you ask me.

A Parable: There was a man whose car died unexpectedly. He needed it for work, so his boss, a car dealer, told him to select a vehicle on the lot that would meet his needs. The man spoke to a sales associate who refused to let him look at any vehicles, let alone select one. “Wait until the new models come out this fall,” said the salesman. “But our boss wants me to select one now,” replied the man. “I don’t care,” answered the salesman. “Forget the boss. You can wait until fall, and that’s all I have to say on that.”

How would you respond?


A justice has died. The Constitution calls for the President to nominate a replacement. The Constitution calls for the Senate to consider that nomination. The Senate Majority leader has said no. Senator Daines has said no. The average Supreme Court vacancy lasts 102 days (just over 3 months), no matter who controls the Senate, no matter who is in the White House, but America will be denied a new justice for at least a year because the Senate GOP has told the boss (the Constitution) to take a hike. I don’t know about you, but I’m seeing red.

No comments:

Post a Comment